Thanks everyone who could make it out to the meeting a couple of weeks ago. We had some good discussions about our upcoming plans for the year. Some of the main items:
- We are looking to hire someone to build new compost enclosures, which will hopefully last as well as the current ones have done.
- To facilitate that, the first workday will include emptying the current structure, please use the ‘finished’ compost if you can
- We have returned “Bed 1”, which had been grown for donations for the last several years, to the rental pool. Janet mentioned that the HSCA is partnering with the Bow To Bluff community garden. We are still going to contribute from our communal plots and trees. We do also encourage all our gardeners to donate any surplus, and will help to coordinate that throughout the year…
- … And on that note, we will try to get new white ( “please water me” ) and green ( “please harvest me” ) sticks for gardeners to use to signal to each other
- We have left the workday schedule the same as last year, and will continue to encourage the ‘bring a chair’ (and beverage…) so we can hang out and build up the community. Please attend as many of these as you can!
- We will look into ways we could leverage our little website as a safe and convenient way for us to keep in touch
The first workday is scheduled for Saturday April 22nd. Rather than the morning times in previous years, we are going to try at 1pm. Hopefully things warm up enough by then, for us to be productive. If the weather is truly uncooperative, the workday would be deferred to April 29th.
And welcome to the new gardeners who have joined us since the meeting!